Room hire and guided tours
Thank you for considering hiring Calderdale Industrial Museum as the venue for your event. The museum can offer a room to hire for your event or guided tours of the whole museum. Please read the information below, and then download and complete the attached booking form Calderdale Industrial Museum Booking Form.
If you have any questions, or would like to check dates, please contact the museum on by completeing our contact form HERE or phone 01422 384721.
Halifax Room Hire
- The Halifax Room is available for hire for one off events or regular sessions.
- A charge of £20 per hour is applicable to all bookings.
- The room has an approximate capacity of 60 for seated events, and 100 for non-seated.
- The room measures 12.3 x 5.3 metres, with the adjacent kitchen an additional 5.7 x 2.8 metres.
- There are 30 chairs and 6 tables in the room, with an additional 30 chairs and 4 tables available if needed.
- Hire includes the use of a fully equipped kitchen. Tea/coffee/biscuits can be provided and additional catering such as a “pie and peas” supper can be arranged on request.
- The building is fully accessible, with accessible toilet facilities.
- A limited amount of on-site parking is available for hirers, with a large amount of public parking nearby.
- The use of a digital projector and screen can be arranged on request.
- Guided tours of the museum can be arranged for a charge of £5 per head.
- Groups will be taken on a fully escorted tour of the entire museum and be served tea/coffee and biscuits in the Halifax Room.
- Additional catering, such as a “pie and peas” supper can also be arranged on request.
- For one-off room hire, a 50% deposit is payable at the time of booking. The balance will be invoiced a week before the event.
- For regular room hire, payment for the booking is required one month beforehand, with further bookings invoiced monthly in arrears.
- If the hire/event is cancelled without good reason and if insufficient notice is given, the deposit will be retained by the museum.